Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions, such as finance, inspection and perhaps water test?
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect a respectful price so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare an offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- First, I will explain the 3 step negotiations that with my considerable experience, are the most effective for getting the best deal / with the most positive results all the way around.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions – however, that is rarely the case. I most always suggest a condition of a home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I will then give you a sufficient time to meet conditions and make sure this property is still for you. I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.